Dynamic leader and manager in a not for profit educational and technology-oriented organization with extensive program development expertise as well as experience in generating community support, public relations and creating and implementing comprehensive training and development programs.
Community Support/Public Relations:
• Able to create and implement projects which utilize available resources to maximize results; serve on organizational boards, task forces and advisory councils.
• Excellent communications skills and experience in making presentations, working
with the media and promoting the organization.
• A well-developed network of contacts with local professional, political and social organizations. Represented organization in Washington, D.C, Springfield and
Chicago, successfully building recognition for organizational programs.
Technology Education Programs:
• Dedicated to making technology accessible to all segments of society with a
the premise that knowledge today builds success for tomorrow.
• An able mentor and leader, capable of motivating professional and volunteer
staff to exceed organizational goals and objectives.
• Extensive experience with developing training programs; oversee creation of
effective training sequences designed for individuals and groups.
• Exceptional planning abilities; a significant record of achievement in identifying
current and potential challenges and problems as well as creating and evaluating
• Develop innovative and realistic strategies which meet both short and long term
organizational needs; can be counted on to create a practical vision for the future.
• A holistic approach to organizational development; emphasize the synergistic
interaction between managers and staff to promote a healthy organization.
What is your current career title or dream job?
-Current Career: Chicago Public Schools
-Dream Career: Technology Education Advocate, at the U.S. Department of Education
I have been responsible for expanding technology education programs for the Chicago Public Schools. Currently, I oversee training, support and service sites at 107 locations with 1163 participants in the program serving 20,000 educators and 400,000 student end users. My success has been driven by a focus on the bottom line, generating financial support and building and understanding of program values both internally and in the community. I am active in multiple technology-oriented organizations where I participate as a board member and on committees. My promotion of technology in education has led me to meetings at all levels of government, including federal, state and local. I have achieved a Master’s Degree in Information Systems and a Bachelors Degree in Applied Science.
Organizations & clubs
Illinois Broadband Committee, Member
Illinois Computing Educators, Member
Illinois Tech2000 Committee, Member
Illinois Technology Association, Member
Illinois Technology Foundation, Board Member; High School Program, Co-chair
- Successfully acquired funding for Education in Technology programs.
International Society for Technology in Education
- Participated in initiative to restore $500 million in funding for technology education.
National Society of Hispanic MBAs Chicago Chapter, Board Member, VP of Education
- Acquired funding for Summer Enrichment Program.
What languages do you speak?
Fluent in Spanish, conversational Portuguese.
Hobbies & interests
Working-out, Running, Biking, Walking
Education (preschool through higher education), Labor, Immigration, Welfare Reform, Childcare and Civil Rights Reform, Technology Integration, Student Training, Community Awareness, New Technology, Student Technology. Community Service, Politics, Volunteerism, Public Service, Running for Public Office
Comment Wall (2 comments)
You need to be a member of HispanicPro to add comments!
Top 10 Reasons: Why you should have a Wine Tasting!!
Why you should have a Wine Tasting!!
A Wine Tasting Event creates great opportunity for networking with friends, prospects & clients in a relaxed & welcoming ambiance.
Catadores Wine Social & Spirits