In the modern era, thanks to the advancement in technology and the ever-growing economy, the employment rate has shot up and so has the number of qualified candidates. In fact, this trend is set to increase in the years to come. Fifty years back it would have been hard for you to even imagine the job options which are available today. Unfortunately, compared to candidates qualifying each year, employment option seems limited. There is tough competition everywhere. According to William Almonte
, nowadays jobs are not just a source of income for job-seekers but also a symbol of social status.
What Qualities Recruiters Expect You to Possess
Just as job-seekers always look for the best job, similarly recruiters too would want to hire the best candidate for their organization. Some of the qualities might include:
- The first and foremost quality which recruiters would be looking for is whether your skill sets match with the current requirement of the company. This will mainly include your educational background and your previous work experience (if any).
- Recruiters would also try to assess whether you are suitable to adapt to the work environment of the particular organization. In other words, they will try to judge your attitude towards work.
- Almost every organization favor leadership qualities in a candidate. According to William Almonte, if you accept responsibilities and fulfill them in an efficient manner then you are likely to develop great leadership skills.
- Honesty and punctuality are two key factors which highly creates a positive impression. Recruiters would always want to hire someone who has an honest with his work-family as well as towards his work. Your punctuality shows that you are serious enough about your work.
- Among many candidates who have the same qualification and skill-set, a recruiter would always try to choose someone with an edge, someone who can make a difference and add productivity to the organization.
How to Become the Best Candidate to the Recruiter
Nowadays it would be very common for you to see that the ratio between a number of vacancies in an organization and number of eligible candidates suitable for the post is very wide. Millions of candidates would apply for a handful of vacancies. To get your desired job, it is important to stand out among the rest. Below mentioned points may help you to achieve that.
- The first thing which a recruiter will notice in your resume is your skill set. Be sure to highlight your achievements and additional skill-sets.
- Before facing the recruiter you should have clear goals about your career and your future contribution to the organization you would be working for.
- Try to gather maximum information about the organization, their work-ethics and work-environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on emphasizing your strong points which might be productive to the organization.
- If you are successfully able to demonstrate that you are the right candidate for the job, you also make the recruiter’s job easier and it makes you more likely to be selected for the organization.