Hispanic Professional Network
The spread of coronavirus challenges entrepreneurs to meet new needs. Historically, downturns or challenging times are seen as good times to start a business. To most people this may not seem like a great time, but that's exactly what it is!
There have been more than 500,000 applications for an employer identification number since mid-March, according to the Census Bureau. The Small Business Administration has recently issued nearly 300 start-up loans worth about $153 million.
New businesses are forming despite the pandemic. Now is the time to start yours!
* Jaime di Paulo, President & CEO, Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
* Hannah Fernandez, Chairwoman, SCORE Chicago
* Steve Bernas, President & CEO, Better Business Bureau Chicago
* Kenya Merritt, Chief Small Business Officer, Chicago of Chicago Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP)
* Lema Khorshid, Partner, Fuksa Khorshid, LLC
* Identifying business opportunities
* Start-up resources
* Business mentorship
* Funding options
* Avoiding fraud and scams